Change is a huge part of life, but it’s not a part of life that’s easily accepted. But regardless if you love or loath it, change is one thing in life that it always constant.
So how do you feel better about it? How do you accept it? What does it do to our lives?
We’re taking a look at 15 quotes from books about big changes in life and how to embrace them.
1. “Sometimes the one thing you need for growth is the one thing you are afraid to do.”
― Shannon L. Alder, 300 Questions to Ask Your Parents Before It’s Too Late
3. “You know, through pain, you learn a lot about yourself–things you thought you never knew you wanted to learn. And it’s kind of like those animals that regrow a part of their body–like a starfish. You might not feel it. You might not even want to grow, but you will. You’ll grow that part that broke off, and that growing, that blooming–cannot happen without the pain.”
― Kelle Hampton, Bloom: Finding Beauty in the Unexpected–A Memoir
6. “Sometimes to change a situation you are in requires you to take a giant leap. But, you won’t be able to fly unless you are willing to transform.”
― Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem
8. “I wonder where you got that idea from? I mean, the idea that it’s feeble to change your mind once it’s made up. That’s a wrong idea, you know. Make up your mind about things, by all means – but if something happens to show that you are wrong, then it is feeble not to change your mind, Elizabeth. Only the strongest people have the pluck to change their minds, and say so, if they see they have been wrong in their ideas.”
― Enid Blyton, The Naughtiest Girl in the School
11. “When things happen, live them. When they end, move on. Accept and enjoy bewilderment in the flow.”
― Akemi G, Why We Are Born: Remembering Our Purpose through the Akashic Records
12. “People come and go in our lifetime, but we hold onto the ones worth keeping, the ones who have touched our lives in such a way that changes everything we thought we knew or felt; life itself changes.”
― Nina Jean Slack, Once Lost, Forever Found
13. “Oh, how wondrous our lives are! How everything can change but in a single instant… We believe we can control our lives as we want, but in truth, we never know what’s coming up. Hence, all we can do, in the end, is enjoy the moments given, pray, and hope for the better. We must always remember that everything will change, and every moment will pass, so it should be embraced whilst it is still within our grasp.”
― Tamuna Tsertsvadze, Notes of Oisin: From an Irish Monk to a Skaldic Poet
14. “You will find there are times you must grasp your life with both hands and forcefully steer it in a new direction and then strain to hold your course until the storms of fear, weakness, and doubt abate.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich, Making Wishes: Quotes, Thoughts, & a Little Poetry for Every Day of the Year