We all go through life putting things on the back burner because we assume that we have more time. We think there will be more time to do all the things we want to do. We think we have forever, but we don’t. So we need to live life to the fullest while we can, and not waste a single moment.
Here are 14 quotes from books that will remind us to live our life to the fullest… we don’t know what tomorrow will bring.
2. “But I felt a glimmer of happiness when I started studying Italian, and when you sense a faint potentiality for happiness after such dark times you must grab onto the ankles of that happiness and not let go until it drags you face-first out of the dirt—this is not selfishness, but obligation. You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
3. “But life is not about half doing. You cannot half love or half accept or half live. It’s about giving everything you have. When you are old and worn, do you really want to look back and say you gave the bare minimum? You owe yourself more than that.”
― Courtney Peppernell, Pillow Thoughts
7. “What would you do if you only had one day left in this world? Spend it with the people you love? Travel to the far corners of the earth to see as many wonders as possible? Eat nothing but chocolate? Would you apologize for all your mistakes? Would you stand up to those you’d never had the courage to face? Would you tell your secret crush that you loved him or her? Why is it that we wait till the last minute to do the things we should be doing all along?”
― Jodi Picoult, Off the Page
8. “We all can’t paint like Van Gogh. We might not be the ones who found cure for cancer or invented flying shoes but it doesn’t mean we can’t own a spot in the sands of time.”
― Nesta Jojoe Erskine, Unforgettable: Living a Life That Matters
9. “Life is about daily moment-by-moment experiences. Many of us don’t focus on these moments.”
― Melissa Heisler, From Type A to Type Me: How to Stop “Doing” Life and Start Living It
11. “You won’t get today back.”
― Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed
12. “I wish it need not have happened in my time,” said Frodo.
“So do I,” said Gandalf, “and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring